A survey conducted in the US has brought to light the importance of longevity guarantees in the eyes of the consumer, especially if offered in a suitable manner.
The survey draws three major conclusions…
1 – Customers Are Willing to Pay More for Guaranteed Flowers
While it depends on the type of occasion or purchase, a majority of survey participants said they would happily pay more for flowers that came with a guarantee of longevity and quality. Specifically, by purchase/occasion type:
- 70% – Romantic Event
- 65% – Mother Event
- 58% – Get Well
- 53% – Once in a Lifetime event
- 45% – Holidays
- 43% – Thank you
- 33% Day Brightener / Just Because
2 – The Way the Guarantee is Offered Matters
The survey concluded that in the case of gift purchases, a majority of participants would prefer that the flower packaging include a subtle guarantee card in it that enables the recipient to exchange their flowers without having to involve the person who gave them the flowers (too embarrassing or socially awkward).
Participants strongly agreed with the following statements:
FREE Wedding Flowers E-book!
Get our glamorous floral design blogs delivered to your inbox, plus the Tesselaar's Guide To Breathtaking Wedding Flowers - FREE! Click below...
- “I would like directions on how to redeem the guarantee subtly included in the packaging”
- “I would like contact information on how to redeem the guarantee subtly included in the packaging”
- “I would want to contact the store directly and not even tell the giver”
- “I wouldn’t want the giver to know (and feel bad) about their gift dying”
3 – The Type of Guarantee Customers Want Depends on the Occasion
The Survey shows that in many cases, customers would like the ability to exchange poor quality flowers for new stock. These types of occasions were not “day specific” and obviously would involve displaying and appreciating the flowers for some time after purchase, like gifts and “room brightener” purchases.
In the case of day-specific events like funerals and weddings, guarantees were still important but needed to focus on delivery and quality guarantees with a money back offer.
For those who like the details, here’s a longer article about the survey results.
Written by Seamus – Tesselaar’s website manager and marketing nerd
Latest posts by Seamus (see all)
- Ordering flowers just got WAY easier with Pricelist Buy Buttons - April 19, 2018
- Eye On The Market – Jan 9th 2018 - January 9, 2018
- Eye On The Market – Christmas Specials - December 19, 2017