To thank all the mums out there for all their hard work, the perfect Mother’s Day gifts are most definitely flowers. What mum wouldn’t want one of these 10 special Mother’s Day flower ideas?
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, Sunday 14th May to be exact and I bet you’re thinking what most of us are: what to get our mum, grandma or the mother-of-our children? As a mother of two little ones, it is nice to think that my day might include a bit of rest and relaxation, spending time with family, perhaps enjoying a meal – and of course: flowers.
Seriously, there simply has to be flowers!
10 Surefire Mum’s Day Floral Gift Ideas
We have so many talented florists all around Australia who have created the perfect flower gifts for Mum. Chrysanthemums are the most popular bloom for mums because, well, their name says so! But there are so many other lovely blooms to choose from. Here are the best floral Mothers Day ideas that money can buy.
FREE Wedding Flowers E-book!
Get our glamorous floral design blogs delivered to your inbox, plus the Tesselaar's Guide To Breathtaking Wedding Flowers - FREE! Click below...
1. Mother’s Day often starts with brunch with all the family. So if you are hosting or attending a Mother’s Day brunch, a centrepiece of flowers is a beautiful way to decorate the table. A pretty spread like this one with fresh seasonal blooms and fruits, plus pastries and coffee or even a cheeky champange, will put a smile on any mum’s face.
2. Every mum would love a seasonal bouquet of fresh blooms, it is the quintessential Mother’s Day gift. We are loving this gorgeous example from Willa Floral Design. Available in many colour palettes from popular pinks, mauves and purples to classic whites and greens, there is a bunch to suit every mum’s unique style.
3. Perhaps your day will be filled with many special women in your life. You may want to give a little something to not only your mother or grandmother but also to your friend who is a mother-to-be or a friend who has lost their mum. Mother’s Day can take on so many different meanings and evoke many emotions. A great idea is to get a few varieties of market bunches and make mini bouquets, after all, it’s the thought that counts.
4. I love flower arrangements created in vintage ceramic jugs filled with mum’s favourites: stocks. Whenever I see stocks, I always think of my mum as they are one of her personal favourites. Which flower reminds you of your mum?
5. Even sweeter than china jugs is little china teacups. They can be filled with blooms picked straight from the garden, which is a beautiful and simple idea to help get the kids involved. I know my little girl would love picking flowers from the garden as I’m always telling her to leave our pot of pansies alone!
6. Little tins filled with seasonal blooms or succulents make gorgeous gifts, perfect for the mums or grandmas who always go on about the fact that “you shouldn’t have spent so much money on me”. Little arrangements give the sentiment without the embarrassment.
7. All types of roses are lovely choices for Mum. Placed simply in a vase, perhaps on the breakfast tray, or in a jar on her bedside. What a lovely way for her to stop and smell the roses and start her day.
8. This rustic garden box arrangement from NSW florist, Teapealala, just squeals Mothers Day to me. I love all the vintage flowers including garden and tuber roses, dahlias and Queen Anne’s lace. So feminine and pretty – just like mum!
9. So this idea is a little left of field, by The Flower Lady, but as a person who wears glasses often, I love it! If you can sneak your mother or grandmother glasses away, tie a few blooms to them for a sweet surprise.
10. Next to flowers, candles would have to be another top Mother’s Day gift, so why not combine both. A gorgeous candle holder can be adorned with flowers to make a beautiful present.
Whatever you choose to give, make sure you get your shopping or flower order in early. Mother’s Day is one of the busiest days in the floristry calendar!